Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel

game controller, Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel, racing wheel controllers, racing game controllerTurbocharge your driving with the authentic feel and precision performance of the Logitech MOMO force-feedback racing wheel. Designed by the racing professionals at MOMO, the full-rubber wheel, stick shifter, and racing pedals feel just like the real thing. And with advanced force-feedback technology, you'll experience the road like never before. Strap yourself in and drive into the action! The Logitech MOMO racing wheel is compatible with PCs running Windows 98, 2000, Me, and XP, with an available USB port.
Feel the speed and power of your favorite racing games with the MOMO Racing Wheel! Triple-clamping system with solid rubber wheel grips make your racing experience more comfortable With the MOMO Force Wheel, you're on track for an intense racing experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Logitech Product
By A. C. Johnson
One of the most impressive things about this wheel is that within 10 minutes of removing it from the box, I had it installed on my computer and was using it in a game. Logitech scores again with rock solid software that is easy to install and use.

Once I started to use it, the other good parts about the wheel became apparent within a very brief amount of time.

FORM FACTOR: Compared to other force feedback wheels, this takes up a surprisingly small abount of desk real estate. Once clamped onto a desk, the unit only takes up a 7 inch by 14 inch area of space. The clamping mechanism is notable for not extending very far below the desk. This means there is less for you to bump your legs on and it makes it possible to clamp it in a wider variety of locations.

PEDALS: In my previous wheels, the pedal unit would slide all over the place on my wood floors. This unit, though has a big enough base that there is absolutely no sliding whatsover. In addition, there is a little traction device you can turn on, so that on carpet, the base will stick even more.

FORCE FEEDBACK: To set up the wheel, you can use the default Windows Game Controller set up. Force feedback can be set from 0-150% strength. For my game, Rally Trophy, I found that anything greater than 20% was too strong and I ended up using 14%. This is a sign of quality, because it indicates that the wheel has a full range of power available. The fact that at 14% power, the wheel delivered a nice range of subtle in-game effects proves to me that this wheel has been put together solidly.

This wheel met all my expectations and for me was a MAJOR step up from the little game pad I was using. It has taken me about 2 days to really get the hang of driving with it, but now that I have figured out the right settings, there is really no comparison. Before I was just goofing around with a video game. Now it feels like I am actually using an advanced driving simulator. Very cool!

View detail at Amazon.

No comments: